Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Holiday Weekend!

We're heading up to Fayetteville to hang out with our friends Kara & Ben. Kara & I went to college together & she teaches elementary music in NW AR. We e-mail some during the school day (not in the middle of class) & it really helps to pass the time! She has been such a tower of strength for me in our infertility struggle & I don't know what I'd do without her! I'm looking forward to hanging out & eating good--and of course catching the fireworks show in the big town of Elkins! (& we are taking Oliver cuz Kara has 3 boxer dogs so it will be one big dog party!)


I need your help---I am not a decorator, although my B/F Mika & my sis-in-law Jennifer are, & both lend their advice to me often about home decor. Well, my bedroom walls are an olive green color & my bedroom furniture is oak. My comforter set/curtains are blocks of gold, olive, khaki, burnt orange, dark brown, & sage. BUT, I am wanting to replace the comforter set (I like to change it about every 2 years). I don't want to repaint the walls--mainly cuz my hubby would say NO! He despises home painting projects! SOOO, what color comforter set would you recommend? I have thought about a solid khaki color, but don't want to have brown overload because of the furniture. My bud Kristy suggested black & white during our teacher workshop yesterday (when we were supposed to be paying attention). I love black & would be all for it, but how would that look with the oak colored wood? I should have posted a pic of my bedroom, but nope, didn't think about that. sorry. Any suggestions?


Happy 4th!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Well I think that black and white would be GREAT with oak. Ha!!
And it would match Oliver! C'mon! I am invisioning it in my mind right now... and it is lovely. hee hee!!

Have fun this weekend! =)

The Coach's Wife said...

Ohh, I think black and white would be great! I love it and I think it goes with everything!

Kara said...

i like changing it out too girl...sounds like a great project for a weekend of some shopping if we can get away LOL

Anonymous said...

My first thought would be black, but you could also do red or even white? You could do so many different things! Can't wait to see what you decided on!

Love!

Kendra said...

I am soooo not a decorator either! And my hubby does not love the painting either! HA!!
I do think b&w would be great though! Timeless =)

Mrs. Pierce said...

thank you for the sweet comment! as for the comforter...i never know what to get, i usually browse until i see something that speaks to me :) good luck!