I cooked dinner tonight...can somebody say "Amen"!?! Yes, friends that know me know my husband and I NEVER eat at home...but tonight I cooked......MEATLOAF! I thought my husband was gonna die when I told him what I was making. I am a meatloaf fan and he is definitely not. (I did not post a picture because all meatloaf looks disgusting.) My mom made it a lot for Sunday lunch growing up and for some reason, that's what I wanted for dinner tonight. I've never made it in 10 1/2 years of marriage. I called my mom in a panic needing to know exactly how to do it. For some reason, she spent the first 3 minutes of our phone conversation laughing. Thanks Mom!
Here is how it went when I set it down in front of Jeremiah:
Bubby: Ok. Here goes......uh.....think I'll eat my mashed potatoes first.
Me: Come on, just taste it.
Bubby: (takes bite) Wow, it's not too bad.
Me: Really???!!!
Bubby: But...it's not too good!
Me: (sad, pouty face)
Bubby: Just kidding! It's actually not as bad as I thought!
Well, thank you very much! It's not near as good as my mama's! Maybe I should just stick to chocolate chip cookies! I've mastered those!
Curriculum mapping workshop tomorrow and Wednesday--fun.
Getting hair done on Wednesday. Our band opens up for Seventh Day Slumber (christian rock band for those of you who are wondering) next week in concert and I'm thinking I might need to go a little bolder with my hair. I love to get highlights and while I am 30 and want to act it, in some ways I want to LOOK younger so the youth at the concert don't call me grandma. Any suggestions? :)
Park City Utah
4 years ago

7 comments:
Go bold.
Then come over so I can see it.
=)
meatloaf, green beans, mashed potatoes, a roll, and tea...Sunday at my momma's house...that or pot roast...vegetable soup...or sonic!
ha i meant to say that as i read the dialogue, now that i know jeremiah, i can hear him saying every word. that is hilarious. and well, on the hair...girl i don't know. i like the red. get some around your face so they can see it.
Yum, that sounds delicious! I think you should go bold, don't have any suggestions, but I definitely want to see a pic! I also need to see a pic of Oliver! It's been awhile. :)
i got to thinking. you of all people should not concern yourself to much with not looking like grandma. puh-lease, you're not even close! :-)
you are MORE than welcome to come finish my paint
I actually have a recipe for individual meatloaves that is quite tasty!! Who would have thought, huh? =)
Post a Comment