Saturday, August 1, 2009

Wake-up call

Our wake-up call this morning was our 3 1/2 yr old niece, Sophie. She loves to come play at our house and hasn't been over in a while. She decided last night when we saw her at a friend's pool party that she needed to come play with Oliver. Here she is doing her favorite Cars puzzle (I love her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth in determination):



At one point Sophie looked at me today and out of the blue just said, "Suzy, I'm so glad you're my aunt!" I, of course, teared up, and replied back, "Sophie, I'm so happy you're our niece!" I love that little munchkin so much! She's the apple of my eye!

We watched Napoleon Dynamite after doing the puzzle. It's amazing how much a 3 1/2 yr old can like that movie! Her other favorite at our house is Nacho Libre--she sat on my husband's lap when she was 2 and watched that entire movie!

Here is one more pic of Soph posing on our coach! Such a cutie patootie!




When Sophie got the toy box out today, Oliver found the stuffed football, which is his new favorite toy! Guess he's ready for some Arkansas Razorback football!



We just got back from Little Italy restaurant with our B/F's Jeremy & Mika. It was so yummy! I had low-fat fettucine pasta with grilled chicken and then tiramisu for dessert! Had to balance out that low-fat with something!

Pics to come of my new coffee decorated kitchen! Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Kara said...

Hey! I enjoy your posts so much! Sophie is a doll. It's crazy how our nieces change so fast. I love being an aunt, too. And OLIVER! Wow that boy is getting big! Can't wait to see the kitchen!

Kristy said...

You decorated your kitchen without me?!?
I have never been to Little Italy. Is it worth the drive?

Jennifer said...

thanks for keeping soph. i know she enjoyed it. :)

i can't imagine eating anything low fat at little italy. their fettuccine alfredo is SO yummy and the canoli.

Holly said...

What cute photos! Sophie is adorable, and the photo of your dog with the football is hilarious! :D

Mika Nichole Hooper said...

Oh, we had SO much fun at Little Italy. And, yes, it was worth the drive. I had my leftovers for lunch today and they were just as good as I remembered! So, when we going back?

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!!!! And Oliver is growing quickly! I need to see more pics of him and an update on how he's doing!