Wonderful day today! I can check everything off our list but the movie. Couldn't find anything to watch and we wanted to get back home to our dog! Pathetic, huh? Oh, and we got pulled over on the shortcut, Dayton Road, but thankfully didn't get a ticket! My husband was only going 48 in a 35, which is pretty dang slow considering how fast he normally goes on that shortcut! Totally nice police officer. Thank you Lord!
So I had a certain amount to spend today (in my organized brain) on clothes and I went WAY over. I just kept finding cute things and I have to have new clothes for the first week of school so my high school students won't say, "Mrs. B, you wore that last year (and the year before and the year before)". So I ended up buying 3 shirts, a dress, a pair of jeans, a pair of slacks, and some cute silver flats. I got them at my three favorite clothing stores--American Eagle, Buckle, and Old Navy. Yay!
But why is it when I go to shop and have lots of money to spend, I can't find anything, but then when I go shopping on a budget, I find everything that I think I need? Does that happen to anyone else?
Park City Utah
4 years ago

7 comments:
Glad you had a good day.
I totally know what you mean about finding nothing when you have plenty of money, and finding everything when you have none.
I think it's because you KNOW that you can't have something so that makes you want it more. I think I'm going to start telling Hubby to have a certain amount of money when we go and not tell me about it. That way, I actually find something I want! LOL
I am RIGHT there with ya :)
I went to Kohl's today and got a TON of things. I plan on hitting up Marshall's tomorrow...I would LOVE to go to some expensive, high dollar clothings stores, but I'm on a budget and will have to just dig around at Marshall's..but I don't mind...I ALWAYS find GREAT deals and pretty cute clothes too :)
That is so true. When I have coupons and am really looking for stuff I can never find anything that I like yet when I know that I don't need anything I always find tons of stuff I have to take home. With our new plaid clothes we will both be really cool and fashionable high school teachers.
Great post..Just blog hopping and found your blog....so glad that I did.
I have a GREAT giveaway going through Sunday night...$100 Surprise Gift....with a little Christmas to go along with it.
I am a little behind on reading blogs--I have been out of town for 10 days, just at the lake :)
I was at Hobby Lobby today and thought of you with your coffee pictures, but noticed you don't need anymore pics. As for your center piece, what about a big coffe cup with the plate under it. Not sure what to put inside though. Maybe you could make a small arrangement in it with flowers??
Hope you have a good first week at school.
Lisa :)
It ALWAYS happens to me. It is Murphy's Law for sure. Anytime I have money (and time) to blow, I can't find anything I want. But when I am short on money and time...the deals are a plenty!!!
That is the story of my life!! Glad you found some stuff though...sounds like a great day - especially avoiding a ticket! :)
Post a Comment