Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Recap

It was a good weekend, but went by too fast. Friday night we ate out and then rented movies. I was asleep by 10:30--30 minutes in to the 1st movie. I just can't keep my eyes open on Friday nights! Good thing football season is starting--surely I won't fall asleep in the bleachers!

Saturday afternoon our band had a photo shoot. I spent a lot of time asking, "Smile or don't smile?" We have to try and look cool, you know? :)

Saturday evening we went to a friends house for a get-together. There were 8 other couples there--all close friends. We took Oliver--kinda felt a little silly at first sitting around the table and us having our dog in our lap. (Every couple there has children.) But then I realized that I just need to accept my life where I am right now and not worry about being the "odd one out". NONE of my friends make me feel like that at all and I'm so thankful for the love and care they give. (and they all seem to love Oliver!) Someone shared how we put ice and bottled water in Oliver's water bowl and everyone was laughing (yes, our dog is quite spoiled)! I said, "Now you know how well our kids will be treated when we finally have some!" I am thankful we have Oliver at this point in our lives. It's amazing how much a DOG can help fill a void. He is our baby and we love him so much! Jeremiah said the other night, "Oliver is one of the best things that has ever happened to us". I agree!

Gotta go! Off to a friends house for pizza and some Wii fun!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad you had a good first week--mine was crazy!

I feel the same way about our dog Elmer! He really does go everywhere with us. Oh...well-we like him and so do others.

Have a good week and don't get in trouble for wearing flip flops :)

Lisa :)

Kara said...

and two dogs means two babies, three dogs means three babies...

Shauna Mama said...

Happy you had a good first week. I'm not looking forward to "school days" when the time comes.

Yes, I know exactly who your nieces are that were at MDOP! Sophie and Sissy were in the same class so they did play a little together. Gracie and Bubba were in the other class....the little girl that I was talking about that I bonded with was her! :)

They are such cuties!!

Holli said...

I hear ya on the sleeping part. I slept over 13 hours Friday night!

Anonymous said...

Aw, that's so sweet that he said that! Dogs are nothing but pure joy, they are so loyal and loving. I love them and will ALWAYS have at least 2! I think it's great that you take him everywhere with you guys.

Love ya girl!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

That is so sweet about Oliver!! And it sounds like you have some awesome friends. :)