So today I had one of the kindergarten classes for music for the first time. I love the first day with them because they just stare at me wide-eyed! I really ham it up and try to keep every bit of their attention for 40 minutes!
Today I was going around the room meeting each student and I would SING "My name is Mrs. B, what is your name?" They would have to respond by singing, "My name is .......". I love to hear their angel-like voices at this age! I got to a cute little blonde boy and sang my line and then waited. Nothing. So I sang it again and waited. Nothing. I said, "What's wrong? Why won't you sing your name to me?" He responded with a shy face, "I don't know how to sing". OH MY! Melted my heart! I said, "Well, that's why you're here!" Then I encouraged him one more time and in the sweetest little voice he sang, "My name is Curtis". I gave him a big hug! It made my day!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

5 comments:
That is the cutest story! Precious!!!
I think Curtis is precious!!!!!
He was a doll in pe!
Oh how sweet!! I just want to hug little Curtis!! :)
Awww! They're so sweet and innocent at that age. Well....some are =)
How sweet!!! You are such a good teacher...I pray that one day our little one can go to school and have teachers just like you :)
Post a Comment