Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Classroom tour!

Here is my brand new elementary classroom! I'm quite proud of it. It is 40 x 40--I've never had that much room and I'm lovin' it! I teach music at the elementary school the 2nd half of the day and I teach at the high school in the morning--I'm not posting a pic of my high school classroom! It is not real pretty---rather old---I am getting a new high school room in 1-2 years. Anyways, here is the music room!

This is the hallway outside my room---I had this banner made at a sign shop in my town because I didn't think I'd have time to cut out all those letters (I just got to move in on Monday):



This is the view of my room from my door. In my old room my rug looked so big and now it seems so small! It's my favorite thing in my room though!


Here is a view of the front of the room (that's the door I was standing in for the previous picture):


This is another corner:


Here is my bookshelf:

And I couldn't forget my favorite bulletin board---I saw the idea online somewhere--maybe at http://www.musicbulletinboards.net/. I love it and it's super easy, which is a must for me!

Go over to Lisa's blog and check out her kindergarten classroom and then show us YOUR room!

10 comments:

The Coach's Wife said...

Love the music room! Looks like so much fun! I would just go in there and dance and sing all the time!

Holli said...

What a lovely room! And I am loving those music notes by the banner outside. Whoever put those up did an awesome job! ;)

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

i LOVE the room! it looks great! and I LOOOVE the rug, where did you get it? Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love the sign! That's so cute!!

Kristy said...

And in the closet is an AWESOME wreath. ;)

Lisa said...

Love your classroom and it looks so cute and bright. I will check on the McLinky. Don't know much about it, Lianna sent me the link?!

Today was the WORST first school day I have ever had. I had students throwing chairs and climbing on ALL my furniture. I have 21 students ALL by myself. It can only get better from here :)

Hope you are doing well this week.

Kara said...

I just love it. You did an excellent job!

Lianna Knight said...

So so cute!! I love it!!! I wish I had a classroom to share...I might take some pics of my office and post those :)

Jennifer said...

The room looks great. Very bright and cheery.

The girls really enjoyed their fisrt day today. There were just a few little girls among a lot of little boys.

I am headed to Rogers tomorrow with Jac, Lisa, and Lorelie to help Britt get the rest of her home unpacked and decorated. :)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

It is so cute! And BIG! I love it...looks bright and cheery. I'm working on a post on my old room - 2nd grade is what I mainly taught.