Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our Journey Complete........

So blogging and I are not buds-obviously. I love to read blogs, but just don't feel motivated to write on mine. My husband is doing some work at a recording studio--we are 3 hours from home and I am sitting in a hotel room all day and thought it would be a good time to update on our journey to be parents. I think the only people that might actually see this post are my friends that know our story anyway, but for the 1 or 2 that might not, here ya go:

Meet our son, Noah Samuel:

After 12 years of marriage and 6 years of drugs, surgeries, and treatments, we are finally parents. Our fertility clinic in Dallas wanted us to try IVF a 2nd time, but Jer and I just didn't feel peace about it and even though insurance would actually pay for the 2nd round, our hearts couldn't take another defeat. So we began pursuing adoption through Crisis Pregnancy Outreach in Tulsa (where my friend Krysta adopted from). But God still had other plans--at the end of September 2010, my friend Margo contacted me about a birthmom in Little Rock at a Christian women's home who was 31 weeks pregnant. We contacted the director and within days the birthmom picked us to parent her child. We met her a week later and fell in love.

We began going to C's doctor's appts and just building a relationship with her. I call her my little sister. She is the most precious woman and gave us a gift beyond any other! Our little Noah Bear was born November 23, 2010. We were in the delivery room and watched his arrival and I cut the cord. It was a day I will never forget.



Jer and I spent the next 24 hours after his birth with C and had a great time. She was so thankful to give us Noah and just wanted us to be happy. I cannot describe to you C's sacrificial heart.

There is so much more to the story, but like I said, most of you reading this have heard me tell it many times! If you want more details, I'd love to give them! Noah is our miracle and we are forever thankful and humbled.


Noah means "comfort; peace; rest" and Samuel means "for this child I prayed". Both of these names are so appropriate for our son. He has brought peace to a very stressful and depressing infertility journey. We know now why we experienced a chemical pregnancy, why we never conceived naturally, why we didn't adopt through CPO----this baby was the one to complete our family! I would always talk about not wanting to be different from other couples/families, but obviously God had very different plans for our life! We call Noah Bear our little Hershey Kiss! And he is PERFECT!!!! He is so happy, loves everyone, and started sleeping through the night the night I had to go back to school after my 9 week maternity leave. :) He sleeps around 11-12 hours a night! Yay!


Here are more pics. I'm not sure if I'll post again for 10 more months--we'll see!


















7 comments:

Kara said...

Welcome back! I am so glad you posted, I will stay on your back to post some more! Ha! We are all so glad that Noah is here. Enjoyed the pictures.

Lisa said...

Yeah...I am so excited for you! Congrats...thanks for sharing the pics. So glad you are Noah's mom :)

Lisa :)

Anonymous said...

I love seeing a post with pics of Noah!! I'm so thankful for the wonderful blessing the Lord has given you in Noah. He's a precious little miracle and I love you both tons!

Krysta

The Coach's Wife said...

Love it! So glad you posted pics! I know I have already seen his picture but girl he is absolutely adorable! You are truly blessed!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been WAITING and WAITING for you to update your blog! I'm so happy for you guys. Love the pictures! Become better friends with your blog, please, because there's a girl in Iowa (among many many others, I"m sure) that would love to see more of this little boy. :)

Holli said...

LOVE him! Such a perfect addition to your family!

Monica said...

Great post! Love seeing all the pics!