Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm thankful....

I have realized through this season of my life, I haven't been too thankful. I struggle with complaining and being negative sometimes--in a lot of areas, not just my infertility. Reading all your posts about thankfulness has really helped open my eyes. I am so blessed and want that to be my focus! My sis-in-law, Jennifer, has a sign in her house that says, "Want What You Have". I love that. It is so true.

So here is my thankful list (a day late--sorry, I was too busy stuffing my mouth yesterday!):
  1. My Lord and Savior who loves me day in and day out--no matter my mood!
  2. My sweet husband who loves me unconditionally and who makes me laugh.
  3. Our baby for the time being---Oliver the Boston Terrier. He is the best snuggler!
  4. Our family--we are all such good friends and I love spending time with them.
  5. Our sweet nieces and nephews who have an abundance of hugs and kisses for us.
  6. Our jobs---Jeremiah and I both enjoy going to our jobs every day and that is so important! I have 7 performances coming up in the next two weeks between my school and the community Christmas play! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, but I choose to be thankful!
  7. Our new room addition--it's almost done!
  8. Our future child.
  9. My teacher friends at school, Kristy, Kim, and Holli-you make the day fun! (It's almost Bunco time again ladies!)
  10. My very close friend Krysta--you are such a blessing to me!
  11. A 5 day weekend! Yay for sleeping in!
  12. A new season in 2010!

My hubby and I went to see "New Moon"....great movie! All the girls squealing everytime they saw Edward or Jacob was funny at first, then started to get on my nerves!!!!!!! This one lady in front of us kept squealing and making very loud comments at really quiet parts of the movie. Oh brother! My husband liked the movie so much he went and bought the soundtrack!

Time to go to my mother-in-laws and eat some leftovers! Yum!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Aww! That is a good list. =)
Yay for Bunco coming up, I can't wait!

Kim said...

Great post! I am thankful for you, too! =)
There are a few things that have been weighing heavy on my heart lately, and that is one of them...To just be happy and thankful with what I have at the moment. (and not be so negative!) We can keep each other up! =)
See you Monday, enjoy the rest of you break.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! I'm so thankful for you too! I never knew I would meet such a good friend when I started my blog. I truly believe God led us to each other. I wonder how long ago that was anyway?? Hmmm....

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Great list! I love that saying...never heard it, but so true. :)