I left on a bus at 5:00 a.m. with 10 senior high students yesterday. We went to All-Region Choir Auditions. I am so excited to report that
9 out of my 10 students made the choir! Around 600 students auditioned from schools of all sizes. My school is one of the smallest that compete and my students hung in there and did just as well as the big schools! I am so proud! In the 9 years I've been teaching, I've never had that many make it (last year I had 7 plus an alternate who moved up). My one student that didn't make it is an alternate, so hopefully she'll get to be in the choir anyway, which would make it 10 out of 10! We got home at 9:00 p.m. last night! Long day, but definitely worth it!
7 comments:
That is awesome!!!!
How great is that!? I feel bad for the 10th kid, though!
It's a tribute to what a GREAT job you have done as their music teacher!!!
Yay! It's because they have YOU!!
And they have you to thank! Way to go!!
Congrats!! I know you are SO proud :)
thanks for the comment, it made me literally "laugh out loud" because i could totally hear you saying that HAHA
Post a Comment