So when I was typing my last post I didn't feel good, but thought it was just allergies. Nope--Wednesday evening I just started feeling worse and worse and aching in spots I didn't know could ache. Went to the walk-in med clinic Thursday morning barely holding my head up. I didn't even mind them sticking that flu stick up my nose. I had every sign of the flu (even fever which I NEVER run), but my test was negative. The dr came in with a face mask on and didn't get near me and Germ-X'd her hands twice in about 3 minutes. She said she was almost positive I had the flu and thinks I caught it so early it didn't register on the flu test. Got Tami-flu at the pharmacy and went to bed. Tamiflu did not agree with me and made me dry heave for about 3 hours, but once I finally got to sleep, it kicked in and I slowly started feeling better. I still feel worn out and yucky, but it is functionable. My husband is taking Tamiflu now because he doesn't want to get sick--he had the flu last year and I slept on the couch 7 nights! Not fun! He tried to sleep on the couch Wednesday night, but gave in and came to bed! :)
Funny story from the clinic Thursday morn---my (step)father-in-law came in to the clinic with chest congestion while I was sitting there. He is such a cheerful, talkative man and he comes in smiling and talking and all of us sicky people are just staring at him. Mom had told him I was there with the flu. (When I got there that morning, a student I teach was there with her mom. I walked in the door and the mother says to her daughter, "Don't let her breathe on you". uh...thanks...wasn't planning on it. I probably GOT this sickness at SCHOOL anyway!) So I sat down in a single chair away from everyone else knowing that I might be contagious. After Papa checks in, he says real loud, "I'm just gonna pull a chair up and sit next to my daughter!!!" He sits right up next to me and I can't help but giggle a little. He is just like a big teddy bear and wanted to take care of me! By the time he was done talking to me, everyone in the waiting room knew what I had, what he had, that I was his daughter-in-law, and that he loved me! So sweet.
Hoping I'll be able to sing/play tomorrow night with our band. I'm skipping practice tonight.
My dog and my husband's car have contributed to the icky/yucky this week too. Oliver got neutered and had his hernia sewn up over a week ago. Some of the hernia started tearing open this week and he was bleeding, etc. He had to get a shot at the vet and is on antibiotics once again! I swear it is never-ending with that dog! Then my husband's Camry is undriveable--not sure what is wrong--his dad is working on it. It was the first car we bought and has been in our family 10 years! It has 270,000 miles on it. I feel like it is on its last leg, but I don't want a car payment! There are other things a lot more important to pay/save for! We are wanting to add on to our house very soon and a car payment would prevent that i think! Yikes!
Cool thing happened at school Wednesday--Wal-Mart managers/associates visited with a big cake and prizes to do a "Teacher Appreciation" assembly. They drew 10 teachers names and I was one of them---I won a $100 Wal-Mart gift card! Whoo hoo!
Hope you all have a sick-free weekend!
AND......Go Hogs! Beat Texas A & M!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

7 comments:
ICK indeed!! Hope you feel better soon =)
You won $100 too? Gah! Lucky! Well then again you do have the flu, so I guess you deserve it.
If you need anything call me! Love ya! Feel better!
How wonderful for you to win that gift card! I can tell we haven't been emailing because I am way behind on what is going on in your life-car, gift card, etc. :) I hope you get to feeling better. I am glad that you caught it early.
Hope you get to play tonight! What is the deal with all these people that you know in the clinic? Talking to people you run into is the last thing you probably wanted to do! Poor Oliver and poor Oliver's mommy!!! I hope everyone is better very soon!
Yeah for the $100, and yuck for the flu. Get well soon my friend!
Lisa :)
Yuck...no fun! The tamiflu made me dry heave too...isn't that lovely? :) Your stepfather-in-law sounds so sweet! Congrats on the $100...that's awesome! Hope you're feeling better. :)
I forgot to tell you that I hope you join in on my giveaway. It ends Friday!
Have a good week!
Lisa :)
Post a Comment