Anytime in the fall when I have something important on the calendar, I get sick. Two years ago our band was playing at a 4 day rally and I got strep throat and could only sing the last night. Last year I got a massive sinus infection right before a huge day-long choir competition I had to take students to. This year we have this concert today and I am sick. Thankfully I only have to play keys---I do sing on one song, but I think I can make it. This REALLY frustrates me, but I don't know how to fix it!!!!!!! If you read this, would you say a prayer for me today about this? I would really appreciate it.
In other news, my dog did this to our carpet this week:

My husband has been feeling bad leaving Oliver in his cage when he goes to work during the day so he bought a $100 iron dog gate that he bolted to the frame between the kitchen and living room. Then on the other side of the kitchen we put up a baby gate. This picture is of the carpet in the hallway---the baby gate was right past this spot. Oliver was left alone for 1 hour and accomplished this. I was so frustrated when I got home. I've been wanting new carpet, but don't have the money for it now! (the current carpet is 5 years old)
So now we have a dog who obviously HAS to stay in his cage when we're gone, a $100 gate that is of no use to us now, and a torn up carpet. And Bunco is at my house in 2 weeks. Guess I'll be investing in a nice little rug to go there. (sigh)
Gotta go get ready! At least I'll get my Peppermint Mocha from Starbuck's when we get to Ft. Smith! Maybe that'll help me feel better.
Have a great weekend!

8 comments:
I said a prayer for you. Hope you get to feeling better, and that you can have a great time! Good Luck! We are heading to FS today too, to spend the night for my b-day. So I was excited about Starbucks, too! =) See you Monday.
I found your blog through my friend Kandy!
We have an Airedale Terrier and she one upped your dog by tearing down a whole DOOR!
We crated her when we were gone too, but as she got older *she's 3 now, she has calmed down and we don't leave her in her cage at all. Unless we have company that doesn't like dogs. There is hope I promise!!
Our dog was kennel trained his entire life...BUT, he did so many things INSIDE the kennel that blew our minds! He pulled a rug into the kennel and tore it to shreds, he lifted the bottom of the kennel and chewed a huge hole in our carpet, and he also dragged the kennel next to our couch and chewed the side of the couch. I am SO glad he is out of that puppy stage!!!
Good luck!
I hope you feel better soon! Sinus stuff is awful - I get it a lot during the fall too! Yay for Starbucks though!
I've been thinking about you all day! =( Poor thing! Hope you feel better soon.
And - none of us care about your carpet! We just wanna play some Bunco!!!!! I promise!
hope you get to feeling better soon! sorry about your carpet, hard to believe you've had it for five years. time flies!
Our Yorkie has torn up a LOT of things (my cell phone, arts & crafts projects, trash from our bathroom trash can, bras, etc) but I've never had to walk home to torn up carpet! How awful! My Silky tore up some carpet at my parent's house when he was a puppy -- but still, it was just one little section where he scratched at it -- nothing like that! (I'm sure you forgave him and love him as much as ever, but it's still so frustrating!)
Always praying for you and your family.
Love, Hugs and prayers-
Tiff
Thepiferfamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment