
Yesterday was my actual birthday.....a good day, but kind of depressing. I am just not ready to be 30. I can't do anything to stop it, but am just not ready to enter a new decade! I guess it is hard because I imagined myself a mommy by the age of 30, but obviously that is not the case. "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to give you a future and a hope".Jennifer Mc. and her family came down and took me to lunch and that was the highlight of my day yesterday!
I got a very cool surprise today at school....right before my senior high choir class, my 3 senior girls met me outside my door and started singing Happy Birthday to me (they weren't at school yesterday). Then they handed me a card with a gift certificate for a 1 hour massage. WOW! I have never had a massage before. I was so excited. They said, "We just want you to know we love you". I cried. So sweet. I've had these girls in choir since 7th grade--I love my seniors every year---they are so special! I have got balloons and frappucinos from my choir for my birthday before, but never a massage! Whoo hoo!
I am eating dinner tomorrow night with two of my good buddies from high school--they are taking me out for my birthday! That should complete my birthday week! I guess if we party all week for every birthday like we have for this one, maybe the 30's won't be so bad! :)

8 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday! Red Lobster, shopping, and Starbucks sounds like the perfect way to spend a birthday (or anyday) to me. That is so sweet about your students. You must be a wonderful teacher for them to do these things for you.
MAN! Sorry I haven't read up on you in awhile!!! It was all very good and interesting! I guess I don't check it bc we email so much and text! I love your new pictures. Your hair looks so shiny :) You had a wonderful birthday.Now if only I could get your present to you!
Even though you told me this at school, it is still so awesome. Remember that you can come over ANYTIME! My house might be trashed- but I will hook you up with some dinner!! =)
Happy Belated Birthday!! The massage gift card was OH SO deserving. You'll love it...I get one once a month and look forward to the next one as soon as I walk out the door of the massage place :)
Sorry I haven't been checking this blog as often...I need to get back into it...my Fellow Gardeners need me and some prayer.
Praying for you!
I hope that we get to see a good Thanksgiving post!
Hi there! Just wanted to say "hey"...my "BlogFrog" says that we have 6 common blogs that we are linked to! Funny how we bloggers seem to travel in the same circles! My husband and I also struggled with infertility for several years, so I understand how you feel about that. We did IVF a year ago, and yesterday was the 1-year anniversary of finding out we were pregnant. Good luck in your journey, and drop by my blog anytime! :)
Going down the Dwelling in the land blog...praying God blesses you soon!!
Merry Christmas=-)
Happy Birthday!! I understand your struggles with infertility. It stinks!! But I believe there is a reason God is allowing this in our lives. Im praying for you!!
Post a Comment