I survived the choir competition! I didn't get home until 9:00 p.m. though---these days are so long! I don't have to go again for 3 Saturdays, so I'm pretty stoked about that!
My husband told me today I was going to take another day off of school this week and him and I are going out of town to eat at Olive Garden or TGIFriday's (our 2 favorites--we don't have any large chain restaurants in our small town). We really need some quality time together. Life is just too stressful right now and it's taking its toll on me. In a way I hate to miss school again, but my friend Kara keeps reminding me "that's why you have personal/sick days!" I keep thinking I need to save my days so someday when I have a baby I will have lots of time built up. I took 18 days off last year with the IVF and also the cruise we went on (and a bad case of strep). Oh well, I think my sanity right now is more important than being at school! If my subs only knew how to play the piano or even turn the cd player on! :)
As much as I talk on here about how much I struggle with my issue of becoming a mommy, I have never discussed the blessings we do have in our life. We have 10 nieces and nephews between both sides and they are all so important and such a sparkle in our life! They range in age from 10 years to 7 months...we actually have three that are under the age of 1! I am so thankful for these kiddos.....they love us so much and we love them more than I could ever express! I am honored to be their aunt and to be a part of their lives! Here is Sophie and I at her 3rd birthday party last month. She is such a sweetie and makes my husband and I roll with laughter. She stood with me today during worship at church and I couldn't stop gazing at her and thanking the Lord for her. She calls my husband "Muncle Baby" and it is precious. I call him Baby, so she got that from me, but then added the 'uncle', but it comes out 'muncle'. My husband beams when she calls him that in public! Anyways, I know at this time in our life, I need to be settled in the season we are in and be thankful for what we do have and know there is more to come. Sophie's Mommy encourages me a lot with "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion!"


6 comments:
I agree with Sophie's Mommy! He will! And enjoy the Olive Garden - I just love their salad!
Yes, we have tons of paperwork here also. It seems like they are always changing it and adding even more. Enjoy your day off. Sometimes we all need time to ourselves.
sounds like fun! it's nice to have nieces and nephews you can enjoy spending time with. all of mine have issues with custody battles and drama so I don't get to see much of them!
The day off together sounds like a wonderful idea! Enjoy it!!
Enjoy your time together! That sounds like fun! We don't have anywhere to eat in our small town so we have to drive either 30 mintues away to a few little places, or an 1 1/2 to good places! Enjoy it!
Hi, just came over from Chapters. I can totally relate with what you wrote here. I feel like God is constantly reminding me to appreciate what He has given me today, and not focus on what I am currently waiting for. SO hard sometimes...=-)
Post a Comment